New London Local Schools
2011-2012 First Semester Bullying Log Results
The Ohio Revised Code (ORC) Section 3313.666 requires school districts to collect and monitor data of all reported incidents of bullying. It also requires that districts submit semiannual written summaries of this data to the district board president and post the summary on the district’s website.
- August 22nd: Anti-Bullying presentation to all staff. Training included state supplied PowerPoint presentation and the Anti-Bullying video “Let’s Get Real”. Role-playing of student discussions following video also occurred.
- August 23rd: Building level staff meetings included a review of the training and a tutorial on how to complete the Bullying Log.
- Implementation and advertisement for the Safe School Helpline in order to encourage reporting of bullying behaviors.
- Elementary School (Grades K-5): Grade Level appropriate small group discussion on appropriate social interaction between peers and how to recognize and avoid bullying situations. Included presentation and literature on the Safe School Helpline.
- Middle and High School (Grades 6-12): Presentation of the video “Let’s Get Real” and small group/class discussion following video. Included presentation and literature on the Safe School Helpline.
- Middle School (Grades 6-8): Classroom lessons on bullying, character building and racism.
Summary of Reported Incidents of Bullying:
# of Reports
Type of Intervention
Out of School Suspension
# of Interventions